[chuck-users] Playing with fire

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 11:46:46 EDT 2009

2009/8/21 Stiefel, Van <VStiefel at wcupa.edu>

> the animals in the neighborhood salute you ; )

I tried to get the frequencies contained to a reasonable range but this
-erm- structure doesn't mix so well with being reasonable :-). Actually it
doesn't seem to mix well with readability, maintainability and good
stylistic taste either.

It does have some rather interesting implications for function syntax, this
works;

e => foo(([1, 4, 7, 10, 13])[Std.rand2(0,4)]);

and it's nice, it's even somewhat logical, but I'm not at all sure the
language specs make it clear that it *should* work. In a way two parameters
are send to the function but ChucK figures out the UGen should be connected
to the return value of the function. Interesting.