[chuck-dev] chuck/libsndfile crash on linux (using libsndfile 1.0.11-1)

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Apr 17 22:58:08 EDT 2006

Hi Scott!

> I'm having problems with chuck and libsndfile on linux (FC4,
> 2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma, libsndfile version 1.0.11-1.rhfc4.ccrma).
> It crashes 90% of the time when trying to the load the example data
> files in the "otk_0x.ck" series with the following message: User defined
> signal 2.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Are you building for alsa, jack, or oss?

> In src/util_sndfile.h, it looks like it's expecting version 1.0.10. So,
> that could certainly be the problem:

Under linux, the default is to use libsndfile headers and libraries
installed on your system (and completely ignore util_sndfile.*).  So,
it should be using 1.0.11-1.rhfc4.ccrma, unless you changed it in the
makefile.

Have you tested other apps that also links against this version of
libsndfile?  It's possible, but unlikely, that there is something weird
with your libsndfile headers/libraries.  It's more probable that chuck
is doing something funny.

Ge!