[chuck-dev] building ChucK from source in microsoft vista

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:57:27 EST 2008

Hi Dexter,

Did you follow _all_ the instructions? :)

The manual states, "(Windows users: it's possible to build ChucK from
both Visual
C++ 6.0 and from cygwin - this section describes the cygwin build)"

So, if you install cygwin (with packages gcc, g++, flex, and bison,and
make, among others), you'll have "make" and won't get this error.
Otherwise you have to use Visual C++.  I've also gotten it to build
with MinGW but I don't think it's supported out of the box. (yet)

Steve