[chuck-dev] GLucK and good Linux IDE

Jacob Lewellen jlewelle at princeton.edu
Sun Oct 19 21:24:53 EDT 2008

Hi,
     I'm a junior CS major at Princeton and for my Junior Independent work
for this semester, I'm going to be try my hand at adding a graphical API to
ChucK, which will be called GLucK.  The current plan is to create another
thread for just graphics that will be controlled at the back end by GLUT
functions.  At the moment I'm just trying to get a feel for the source code
to figure out what and where I will have to change.  If anyone has any tips
on what part of the code to start with, I'd be happy to hear them.

The other question I have is if anyone knows of a good C++ IDE for Linux to
use for developing ChucK.  If necessary I'll just use Emacs or something of
that ilk, but if there's something good out there that has good
autocompletion and that sort of thing, I'd prefer it.

              Thank you,
                    Jacob Lewellen