[chuck-users] [solution] compile and link problem under FC3...

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sun Aug 28 05:08:18 EDT 2005

Greetings!

Furlan, thanks for posting this solution for the linux build.

To linux users, the linux build assumes you have libsndfile installed -
which was not mentioned on the website - unless you comment these lines
in the makefile.  However, for linux, it is safer to compile against a
libsndfile that is configured for your system, rather than the
pre-configured version we have provided.

The Stacken developers have made autoconf build systems that handle
this in a sane manner, however this has not been integrated into v2
yet.

The ChucK release page has been updated under linux for libsndfile.

Best,
Ge!