[chuck-users] [solution] compile and link problem under FC3...

Furlan Primus fprimus at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 03:46:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

Earlier today I had trouble compiling and linking the 'Dracula'
version of ChucK.  After some emails to Ge Wang a solution was found.

The problem was that when compiling for linux-alsa it was looking for
a file called sndfile.h and that file was NOT on my system as I have a
precompiled version of libsndfile.

The solution was to follow the directions in the makefile.alsa file:

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# by default, ChucK on linux needs libsndfile...
# comment the next 3 lines to use a pre-configured libsndfile
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# FLAGS+= -D__CK_SNDFILE_NATIVE__
# LIBS+= -lsndfile
# SF_OBJ=

Once that was commented out (as above) the compilation & linking went
without any further delay.  Maybe this will assist someone else who
experiences a similar problem.

ciao,
furlan

--
Home: http://flprim.us/index.html

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
-- Milan Kundera