[chuck-users] proposal

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Aug 31 21:59:02 EDT 2005

Hi Eduard and all,

Adding .name() to Shreds is a very good idea.  I would also find this
useful.  Perhaps we can allow names to be set and gotten like:

     // for Shred foo
     "foo(d)!!!" => foo.name;
     // print out the name
     <<< foo.name() >>>;

or some other syntax?

We will also add this name to the --status output.

By the way, the interface to machine.* will be changed soon to return
shreds, not the id.  The id is still available via the .id() member.
We can add overloaded versions of these to set names.

Best,
Ge!