[chuck-users] which language resembles chuck the most

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:43:47 EST 2005

Hi

I normally use ctags for finding my way through my own code. For those
un-aware of ctags, its a utility that generates a TAGS file containing
all functions and variables in a project. Armed with that emacs (or vi?)
can quickly jump to the place where a certain definition is made, across
files and directories.

Now, ctags clearly needs to understand the structure of the code, and
unfortunately (but understandably) chuck is not on the list of supported
languages. But parsing in a syntactically similar language is often enough.

My question is: which of the following languages resembles chuck the
most, syntacticlly speaking (my guess is Java):

[atte at aarhus midi_input_07]$ etags --list-languages
Asm
Asp
Awk
BETA