[chuck-users] ChucK output bit depth, etc. (OS X)

mrcarp at comcast.net mrcarp at comcast.net
Mon Aug 14 09:09:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

What is ChucK's default output bit-depth? 16? every time I run it from
the command line is resets the bit depth in OS X 10.4.7's Audio MIDI
Settings to 16 bits. Is there a way to specify this?

Also, when I run MiniAudicle (MacBook, 10.4.7), adding a shred
containing access to the dac causes MiniAudicle to crash. I've tried
numerous different settings in both the MiniAudicle preferences and in
OS X's Audio MIDI settings.

Also, generally, can anyone comment on the infuriating susceptibility
of the OS X Audio MIDI settings to being overridden, reset, changed,
etc., by practically any application?

Obviously, I'm new to Mac/OS X, so any insight into how this affects
the applications, themselves, would be appreciated, i.e., should I only
worry about what the application audio settings/post is telling me?

Thanks a lot, in advance...

Matt