[chuck-users] benchmarking chuck

Axel Balley axou.b at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 19 12:30:19 EST 2006

Le 19 févr. 06 à 12:33, Atte André Jensen a écrit :

> Did a quick-n-dirty comparison with csound, in which I could get
> 660 sine waves (actually I had expected more...).

Hi,

Just for the record, I reached 430 sines on a recent build of
SuperCollider 3 before CPU usage maxed out on a Powerbook G4 800/1GB.
I should have stopped earlier, as my system slowed down to a crawl
and I couldn't fore quit the app without a full reboot.
Anyway, I read that SuperCollider's creator really is an optimization
freak :)

Axel