[chuck-users] updated MIDIsender wrapper class

Bruce Murphy pack-chucklist at rattus.net
Mon Jul 31 15:21:22 EDT 2006

I've been playing with the midiwrapper class I sent in yesterday and I'm
convinced that it's getting to the useful stage. At least I was able to
get ChucK noodling away on several modules while I worked :)

With great embarassment I also finally noticed that string comparisons
are already there so I can implement this:

MIDIsender m;
m.open("JD990");

Only works on Mac OS X for the moment, becuase we've got AudioMIDI setup
to keep track of where things are plugged in. The interface is there for
other platforms if you can identify ports somehow.

The latest code for the class, fledgling documentation on how to use it
and several examples showing useful functionality are at:

    http://www.rattus.net/~packrat/audio/ChucK/

I have several other things I want to do, but some of them are waiting
on better string handling. A written note (C#3) to midinote converter
is pretty high on that list. It might be easier to put into the std
library, or should there be a MIDI library?

--
Packrat (BSc/BE;COSO;Wombat Implementor)
Nihil illegitemi carbovndvm