[chuck-users] user study!!!

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 15:39:36 EDT 2006

Hello,

> Also; I want a ChucK shirt too.
> Can we have official ChucK shirts that say something along the lines
> of "realtime isn't fast enough" or should one go to a copy-shop?

I second this.  I think this should top-priority.  Also, I think that
the tee-shirt should feature Graham's sonicboomchuck image on the
front (see below).  ;-)

> (functional language frontend for ChucK)
> http://atlhack.org/images/sonicboomchuck.png

All joking aside, this is seriously important:

> > sketchiness:
> > Also, I find that the chuck-Audicle revision model seems to
> > fulfill a searched-out quantity I prize in creative tools:
> > for lack of a better term I'll call it sketchiness
> > (besides the poor collision with the term meaning low quality
> > or suspect).
>
> This is cool, you are on to something here.

This means that the Chuck team has taken something powerful but
terribly abstract (live-coding, audio programming) and made it feel
TACTILE, a quality that most computer-music tools do not exhibit.
This is a tremendous achievement.  Performers rejoice!  I want to see
Chuck small and fast.  I want to see embedded Chuck in small devices.
ChuckNet.  Ubiquitous Chucking.  The ChuckPod.  I want to Chuck as I'm
walking down the street.

It's just a matter of time => now.

This is an inspiring tool and an inspiring community.  Thanks, everyone!

-Michael

On 6/11/06, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:
> Graham Coleman;
>

> > sketchiness:
> > Also, I find that the chuck-Audicle revision model seems to
> > fulfill a searched-out quantity I prize in creative tools:
> > for lack of a better term I'll call it sketchiness
> > (besides the poor collision with the term meaning low quality
> > or suspect).
>
> This is cool, you are on to something here.
>
> I don't think there is that bad a collision; I think my friends are
> like yours and mine keep dummies. The idea seems to be that dummies
> are somewhat private, nobody will see it so it doesn't matter what you
> put in. With "scetching" as I understand it the absense of quality
> controll is a great catalyst. Something similar is going on in ChucK,
> even now that it's somewhat stable-ish and mostly documented-like. We
> need more of that.
>
> Also; I want a ChucK shirt too.
> Can we have official ChucK shirts that say something along the lines
> of "realtime isn't fast enough" or should one go to a copy-shop?
>
> Kas.

"ooh aah bleep"
-miraton