[chuck-users] zipper noise

plutek plutek at infinity.net
Thu May 4 22:55:56 EDT 2006

greetings!

first off..... i am thoroughly enjoying ChucK; thanks a lot!

my question is whether anybody has an elegant way of attacking the problem of zipper noise when using external MIDI controllers which send only integer values. it's great that ChucK uses float MIDI values, but we need a way of smoothing incoming controller data -- perhaps something like pd's "line" operator.

i'll have to give some thought to how it could be built from scratch, using native primitive operators, but an optimized higher-level function to take care of this would certainly be useful.

thanks again!

.pltk.