[chuck-users] miniAudicle problems

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Nov 22 01:26:26 EST 2006

Hi Atte,
Thanks for trying this out.

On Nov 21, 2006, at 3:59 AM, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Spencer Salazar wrote:
>
>> First apply the attached patch (cd miniAudicle-0.1.3.6; patch
>> <manet.patch), which allows miniAudicle to listen for command-line
>> chuck
>> on-the-fly commands (e.g. chuck +/-/=).
>
> Shouldn't this be a part of miniAudicle in the future? Seems like a
> cool
> feature to me...

Yep, definitely.  Actually it was a part of miniAudicle in the past,
but it was disabled until we could introduce an easy way of turning
it on and off (as it could present a security threat to one's system
if they don't know its there).

>> Recompile.  Then try adding
>> shreds through command line chuck.  Whether or not the ChucK program
>> runs as expected will helps us determine where the problem lies.
>
> Well everything looks just fine, both in the console...
>
> [...]
>
> ...and no error messages from chuck. However of the above, only fm2.ck
> actually made any sound...

Okay.  That narrows it down a little bit, now I can see that its a
problem with the chuck side of miniAudicle rather than the
miniAudicle side (of miniAudicle).  Just as a hunch, please try the
attached patch + recompile if you have the opportunity.  Ill
investigate further to see what I can turn up.

thanks,
spencer