[chuck-users] question about sporking

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Oct 30 18:49:18 EST 2006

This is a strange problem... perhaps you could send some small
snippet of chuck source that reproduces the issue?

One idea that might be worth trying is doing an un-chuck on all of
the shred's ugens from the dac before killing that shred.  If I
recall correctly, the virtual machine should be doing this for you
for free, but maybe something is going wrong with that.  Doing it
explicitly is supposed to stop all audio coming out of the ugens that
you unchuck.  For example, for a patch like this:

Blit b => LPF lowpass => dac;
BlitSquare sq => PRCRev rev => dac;

you would unchuck everything directly connected to the dac before
exiting, like this:

lowpass =< dac;
rev =< dac;

spencer