[chuck-users] I don't get the hint (more static stuff)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 09:57:55 EDT 2006

Hi list,

I wanted to have a static array of strings within a public class. This turns
out not to be allowed yet but there is hope; instead of a plain error I got
a hint;

"cannot declare static non-primitive ojects (yet) (hint; declare as ref (@)
and initialise outside for now)"

This I don't get. What am I going to reference to what and where do I
declare it?

Maybe I'm missing something. My reasoning was that I clearly needed
something more primitive then a array so a int seemed like a good sort of
thing I then declared the trouble maker (the array) outside of the class and
tried asign the array to the int. At this ChucK protests (like a thought it
should) because arrays and ints are different sorts of things.

Now I'm lost. What does this hint mean?

Aparently no static strings are allowed at all (and I can't realy see why
those are less primitive then ints)?

Could somebody get me un-stuck?

Thanks,