[chuck-users] heads up for 1.2.0.7

Graham Coleman gc at gehennom.net
Tue Sep 12 20:51:16 EDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Spencer Salazar wrote:

> On the subject of nomenclature, is anyone else thinking about the
> relative merits of LPF, HPF, BPF, etc. vs. LowPass, HighPass,
> BandPass, etc.?  Obviously the acronym versions are faster to type,
> which would be important in live-coding situations.  However it seems
> to me that spelling them out fits in more with the current ugen
> naming scheme, might be a little easier to read, and also might be a
> little easier to understand for people new to electronic music.

Spelling them out seems more readable to me, and that perhaps typing
english words seems easier than wierd but familiar acronyms.

This morning I had an idea! You could give the class two names. Like
aliasing or something. Kind of like deprecation but without the warning.
It definitely won't help standards / orthography but it would be
irreverantly novel.

StifKarp k1 => HighPass hp1 => dac; //works!
StifKarp k2 => HPF hp2 => dac; //also works!

Graham