[chuck-users] How can I filter silence?

Graham Coleman gc at gehennom.net
Sun Sep 24 12:47:38 EDT 2006

I'm not sure if there's anything in chuck that will currently do this,
but I think you could write something like a noise gate, that tracks the
amplitude of samples coming from a SndBuf and skips ahead until the level
rises above a threshold.

Not sure how well this would run in real time.

Better, would be something that preprocesses the file with in/out points
so the skips are quick.

Graham