[chuck-users] Compiling chuck on UbuntuStudioGutsy32

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sat Dec 15 10:32:19 EST 2007

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Compiling a program from source is not that tricky, but compared with
> synaptic it's "linux admin", I agree. So either one sticks with the
> software available through synaptic or one learns to compile from source.
>
> I simply tried to help you understand, in a more general way, how to
> compile a piece of software, so that you'll know what to do next time
> you need to.

Actually this is all getting kind of silly.  The reason that ChucK is
hard to compile is that unlike almost all other pieces of software on
Linux, it doesn't use autoconf (or similar) to provide a configure
script that first checks for dependencies.  I'd be willing to set that
up for ChucK, but only if I was sure that it'd go into the official
version.  Otherwise it's not worth wasting the time.

-Scott