[chuck-users] Music created from a chuck example

garton at columbia.edu garton at columbia.edu
Mon Feb 26 13:06:39 EST 2007

Quoting David Powers <cyborgk at gmail.com>:

> How much code/difficulty was involved in creating the [chuck~]
> object?

The only tricky part was the loading into max/msp of a
bundled/shared lib that I compiled from the chuck sources (I need
to update it to the latest version of chuck soon!).  Apple did a
good thing in their bundle idea, I just needed to change a few
compilation flags.  I also added a few additional functions (and
renamed "main()" to "chuck-main()" or something like that) to allow
me to find the entry points I need to call the chuck engines from
max/msp.

> Max/msp is WAY out of my price range, but I'd love to have
> something
> like that in PD. I don't know if I could convince someone on the
> PD
> list to port it though...

Supposedly there are some people working on this -- Marcus
Bittencourt at William and Mary had expressed a lot of interest.
Not sure what stage those projects are right now, though.

brad
http://music.columbia.edu/~brad