[chuck-users] Midi program change problem.

Bruce Murphy pack-chucklist at rattus.net
Mon Jan 15 07:52:14 EST 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 05:53:18PM +0100, Piccolos wrote:

> > Yeah, but that's logical.
> > "192" means "now I'm going to send a program change which refers to
> > the first MIDI channel", 193 means the same for the second channel and
> > so on up to 207.
> >

> Indeed ! I didn't know this at all.
>
> Aware of this I've just tested with greater values.
> The problem disapears with value 224 (and is still there for 223, 222,
> etc.).
>
> (And I don't know what a value of data1=223 means...)

Just for the record, just never ever deal with midi data in decimal. It
will just confused you. If you use hex, everything will be simple and
obvious because the commands are broken across the nybbles.

And yes, you might want to look at my MIDI sending API at

http://www.rattus.net/~packrat/audio/ChucK/

That will give you a better idea of whether the crash is due to bad data
values. I can only assume that the midi interface library under linux is
partially interpreting your data values and complaining about invalid
ones. I'm afraid I only use a mac for ChucK these days.

--
Packrat (Wombat Implementor;COSO;Badgerphonic;Biokino Artist)
Nihil illegitemi carbovndvm