[chuck-users] User-defined UGENS?

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Wed Jan 31 17:43:02 EST 2007

Robin Davies wrote:
> Supplementary Question: Have external objects (plugins/loadable UGENS
> implemented in native external DLLs/libs) been implemented yet? The docs
> say yes, but the last time I checked, the implementation had been
> orphaned.

I noticed the same thing, but aside from the loading syntax not being
recognized the same mechanism is used for a lot of ChucK's internal
code.  For what I'm messing with I just decided to add my new classes
directly to ChucK.  It's just a matter of adding a couple lines to the
Makefile and then to load_internal_modules(...) in chuck_compile.cpp.

On the other hand, actually fixing the loader presumably wouldn't be a
significant amount of work relative to the work of building any external
component of significance.

-Scott