[chuck-users] chuck-1.2.0.8-rc4 available

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Mar 7 18:52:14 EST 2007

>> Please note that the ADSR UGen has been changed such that
>> the .attackTime, .decayTime, and .releaseTime now all accept a dur,
>> not a float.  This may make existing code fail to compile in  this
>> release candidate.
>
> any other changes?

There are quite a few new features, and but we haven't completely
finalized things yet so it's hard to make a definitive statement.  A
primary purpose of this RC is for folks to test their existing code and
at least make sure we didn't break anything new.

Thanks!

Ge!

Oh yeah, here is a small but potentially useful feature that is
finalized:

   - (added) command line argument support
             e.g. %> chuck foo.ck:1:hello bar:2.5:"with space"
                  also works with OTF commands
             e.g. %> chuck + foo:1:yo
                  also works with Machine.add( ... )
             e.g. // code
                  Machine.add( "foo:1:2:yo" );

In the code you can query for number of arguments with:

     me.numArgs()

and get the actual argument with:

     me.arg( num )

arguments are returned as string, which if desired, can be converted to
int or float via:

     Std.atoi( str )
     or
     Std.atof( str )

In the miniAudicle, the "arguments" bar near the top works in similar
ways, and also allows you to enter arguments in table form if you click
on arguments.