[chuck-users] changing a value with a function

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 18:20:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

> So a generic function that can be called on an arbitrary property on any
> ugen, and modify it by call by reference. It would work on any property
> be it SndBuf.rate or Pitch.shift or SinOsc.freq.

Sorry I didn't tune into this thread earlier, as I know exactly the problem..
Chuck does not currently support references to primitives, which makes
it impossible to solve this problem.
I wrote about it a while ago on the Chuck wiki, and I put it on the
Ongoing Feature Request list..

http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/References_for_primitives.

cheers,
Steve