[chuck-users] easy random numbers

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 22:48:35 EST 2007

> say that you have a multimedia installation that's doing something
> connected with time.  You've got ChucK running and it may sit there
> running for a week.  Every day it's supposed to do something at noon
> that is synchronized to other parts of the piece.  So you compute a
> duration until noon tomorrow and chuck that to now.  But then it doesn't
> work.

What if a part of your installation was a sundial, whose shadow is being
watched
by a webcam? I'm not kidding, I've been thinking on these same lines the
past
few days. Also, please see the following two links, even though they may
look
completely off-topic right now:

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/20/0356214
http://swaratala.blogspot.com/2007/04/time-and-season-in-raga-performance.html