[chuck-users] SndBuf: setting loop

dan trueman dtrueman at Princeton.EDU
Sat Oct 13 08:10:58 EDT 2007

i knew there'd be some good questions!

On Oct 13, 2007, at 5:39 AM, Kassen wrote:
> Looks very good! Would it be possible to also support this;
>
> buf.valueAt(i) => lisa.valueAt( i::samp);
>
> or is that a given already? This second example looks slightly more
> ChucKian to me. Ge?

i'll have to ask Ge how to do that; i don't know how to set things up
so you can chuck to a function that needs two arguments. i agree it
is more chuckian this way, and i first wrote the example that way
before finding it didn't work. actually, is there another example of
a method that has two args but will allow you to chuck to the first
arg? if there is, i might be able to look at the source and figure it
out. can't think of one offhand at the moment....

> Also, is LiSa interpolating? Or will we be required to specify a
> integer number of samples? Or will it round?  Forcing integers
> wouldn't have to be a problem because for a arbitrary duration D we
> could go like this;
> (D / samp $ int)::samp

LiSa is most definitely interpolating on read, but not on write. i'll
look into the latter at some point....

ok, thanks for pointing these issues out! at some point, i'll
actually get to making the LiSa documentation complete online, and
also maybe even make a tutorial.

best,
dan