[chuck-users] VIM users

eduard aylon eduard.aylon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:27:30 EDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Martin Ahnelöv wrote:

> ons 2007-10-31 klockan 02:13 +0100 skrev eduard aylon:
>> Excuseme I didn't quite understand you cause I didn't know anyone was
>> working on it and I  now see you've been doing some work there. I
>> think they both do sort of the same.
>>
>> I'll keep myself updated on that link,
>
> Well, actually, your seems to have just a tiny bit more features than

just tiny things, though

> the one currently on the wiki, and you seems to know what you're doing
> (I'm just copying and modifying blindly),

not really. I'm just hacking Bram Moolenar's c.vim and fitting it to
my needs. So keeping the c/cpp style with those features available in
chuck and getting rid of those which are not.

> so I think you should replace
> the one on the wiki with this one. If you want to.

I think other vim users should say something about this. In my
opinion if you get use  to and like a specific syntax coloring it is
difficult to be comfortable again with a different one. So if yours
was the one on the wiki, probably many others are using it. If I had
known (it's my fault for not checking it) that someone was updating
it, I would have worked on that. So I think we should wait for others
to speak out.

> I'm attaching a new version of the one you sent in your first post,
> but
> with added support for the new "<--"-comments (line 126 and 129),

didn't you can use <-- to write comments.

> and
> highlighting for +=>, and similar (however, it's also highlighting
> +=^.
> Is this correct, kassen, spencer, ge?) (line 187).

I like to keep things separate. For me + and => are two different
things and I wouldn't like them to be highlighted as if it were an
"atomic" feature.

> One thing, though:
>
> For the markup of the complex numbers I'm using this regex:
> "\(%\|#\)\ze(". That'll make the # or % coloured if it's followed by a
> "(" (which is uncoloured). This makes the highlight look like the
> example-code in Perry, Ge and Rebeccas paper
> http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/publications/uana_icmc2007.pdf .
> What do you think?

In my ck.vim I highlight everything (so including # or % with
parenthesis and the coma) as it is all one number. Just a matter of
taste...

Anyway I'm attaching my newest ck.vim with the broken things I
mentioned the other day been corrected.