[chuck-users] Issues when using several inputs on Motu Ultralite/OSX setup

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 17:33:37 EST 2008

Stefan;

I made a thread about this issue here:
> http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31032 . Kassen suggested
> that I send an email here, thinking that this might require some insight
> into RTAudio (not sure myself what it is).

That's the library for sound in& out that we use. It's cross-platform and
supports different interfaces on those platforms. My reason for suggesting
it was the strange thing that happened when you switched to multiple
channels with your "main" outputs no longer carrying the signal.

To me that's quite strange but I can't say whether that might be related to
your real issue. It's hard to identify what exactly is going wrong from your
audio file, it's a very weird sort of distortion but doesn't sound like
plain clipping to me; the sound seems too dynamic for that.