[chuck-users] LiSa.track() and .rampDown() (BUG)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 01:53:36 EST 2008

Fellow ChucKists, Dear Dan.

It seems like LiSa is ignoring .rampDown() while in .track(1) mode and
.rampUp() becomes equivalent to .play(1).

Consider the following example, this should generate a tone that fades in
over the course of a second, then fades out. Instead we get a extended
test-tone and no fades at all;

//-------------8<--------------------
//boring test-tone recording
SawOsc s => LiSa l => dac;
second => l.duration;
1=> l.record;
l.duration() => now;
0=> l.record;

s=<l;

//boring tracking signal
Phasor p => l;
second => p.period;
1 => l.track;

//issue starts here
second => l.rampUp;
second => now;
second => l.rampDown;
hour => now;
//-----------8<---------------------------

I believe that this isn't the intended behaviour; for one thing the relevant
examples also use .rampDown() in combination with .track(), mysteriously
there too the ramps don't work. Likely ramping in combination with track()
got broken in a update since these examples were written, that would
probably help narrow down the search for the nature of the issue. Then
again; this could be a artefact of .track() being intended for single voice
usage (I believe this was mentioned) and the ramps being functions of
voices?

I'll add this to the WiKi once it's been established that this is indeed a
bug and not intended behaviour.