[chuck-users] cast dur to time?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 05:56:18 EST 2008

On 09/01/2008, pibsid at suomi24.fi <pibsid at suomi24.fi> wrote:

> As for casting durations or floats to time one should always ask how the
> newly made time relates to the one(s) we already have?
> Most logical would be that:
> minute $ time => time sometime;
> refered to "one minute after the VM started". But it could also refer to
> "one minute after this shred started".
> I find it more clear syntatically if we had predifined global and local
> time variables of VMstart and me.start (or me.birth). Then it would be
> clear from the syntax what is meant.
>
> VMstart + minute => time sometime;
> //As opposed to:
> me.start + minute => time anothertime;

This makes a lot of sense to me and sounds quite coherent as a plan.

Sytactically we could add "start" to both the Machine and "Shred"
functionality ("me" is a reference to a shred as well)

> I'm still thinking for the most effective way of changing the tempo on the
> fly...

Yeah, that's a tricky one, especially if we have mulptiple intervals going
at the same time and want to maintain sync.