[chuck-users] Problem building miniAudicle (Linux)

Martin Ahnelöv operagasten at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:05:14 EDT 2008

ons 2008-03-12 klockan 18:44 +0100 skrev Mr.SpOOn:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  ons 2008-03-12 klockan 18:12 +0100 skrev Mr.SpOOn:
> >  > I compiled ChucK again, this time with make linux-alsa, because I was
> >  > getting an error when I tried using Jack.
> >  >

> >  This is most likely because you do not have the development package. you
> >  need to install jackd-dev in ubuntu/debian, or the package appropriate
> >  for your dist.
>
> I can't find that package, but I already have installed libjack-dev

Yeah, that's the name of it! sorry...

> >  Try looking at your system's samplereate contra chuck's. These should be
> >  the same.
>
> How shall I look these values?

Honestly, I don't know. A command might tell you, or you ave to read it
on the card itself. Hope that someone on this list can tell us.

On linux, chuck defaults to 48 000. Try changing it to 44 100 using the
-s switch (I think)

> > If that doesn't help, use chuck --probe to see what info chuck
> >  gets about your soundcard.
>
> I get this:
>
> [chuck]: found 5 device(s) ...
> [chuck]: ------( chuck -- dac1 )---------------
> [chuck]: device name = "hw:I82801DBICH4,0"
> [chuck]: probe [success] ...
> [chuck]: # output channels = 0
> [chuck]: # input channels  = 2
> [chuck]: # duplex Channels = 0
> [chuck]: default device = YES
> [chuck]: natively supported data formats:
> [chuck]:   16-bit int
> [chuck]: supported sample rates:

Now that I look closer, chuck seems to tell you the samplerate of the
card! (that line is chopped off) If nothing else works, try another
device (or a couple).

Gasten