[chuck-users] LiSa .rate() issue (bug)

Daniel Trueman dtrueman at Princeton.EDU
Sun Nov 9 10:49:22 EST 2008

> You know I'm a big fan of your work on LiSa but I'd still like to
> say I'd appreciate it if changes like this could go in the VERSIONS
> text that keeps track of changes. I feel bad to critique while you
> spend so much hard work on LiSa but this was a bit confusing.

that sure would be good! but i'm just not that organized. i'll try...
and i appreciate the critique so no worries there.

> Right, on to the future. In the same session I wondered whether it
> would be possible to detect whether a specific voice was playing. I
> don't think we can right now. Maybe the command to make a voice
> play should also be a float and if it's non-zero start playback
> while also using the value to set .voiceGain()? that way we could
> use .play(int voice) to get a 0 or 1 to indicate whether the voice
> is currently playing.

alternatively, we could have .playing(int voice) which returns the 0
or 1....

> Oh... and the bi directional looping is another one that takes a
> int for it's parameter. I'm not sure what to do there.

could just have .getbi(int voice). (cute name). i don't think
overloading this makes sense, since it's a boolean and we don't want
that to be a float.

dt