[chuck-users] what a nice guy...

Arne Eigenfeldt aeigenfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 22:30:39 EDT 2008

2008/10/7 Peter Todd <chuck at xinaesthetic.net>

> Seriously, though; this guy writes 'music AI' software and then resents it
> when people think that implies he might be interested in other experimental
> computer music programmes...

This guy is almost laughable the way he situates himself.

Firstly, I don't see how probability distributions equates to 'music AI'.
Claiming his drum pattern generator is somehow 'revolutionary' underlines
how out of touch he is with contemporary music research. That sort of stuff
was done in Max in the 1990s.

Secondly, his presentation to the Ruby community on his software suggested
that he, and they, are all part of 'the fringe'. I don't see how creating
4/4 drum patterns that emulate drum 'n' bass, using Reason, is in any way
'fringe'. Seems quite mainstream to me.

But then, I went to university.