[chuck-users] what a nice guy...

Peter Todd chuck at xinaesthetic.net
Tue Oct 7 20:32:43 EDT 2008

What? Ritchie Hawtin doesn't use ChucK?!
Why weren't we told about this sooner?

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com>wrote:

> I hope this guy (or gall) writes more on this subject, (s)he seems quite
> insightfull to me. Personally I've been "wanking my stick" while fantasising
> about music quite a lot, I even got to write a small text about it;
> http://leonardo.info/lmj/lmj18contribnotes.html (scroll down or search for
> my name). It's great! I wouldn't have it any other way. typically in the
> spur of the moment I don't love it, that comes with time or trusting in
> feedback but I don't see a problem with that, that seems borderline
> universal in artists.

Well, la-di-da, Mr "I've contributed to a well respected journal".  Bet you
went to university, too.  Your sort make me sick.

;-)

Seriously, though; this guy writes 'music AI' software and then resents it
when people think that implies he might be interested in other experimental
computer music programmes... well, I guess for his purposes it's good that
his software revolves around a particular networking protocol... ChucK seems
more concerned with time, which many of us find useful, but that must be
because we've lost track of what music is about...