[chuck-users] STK shakers wrench rattling?

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:33:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, and one more thing; Is it just me or does Shakers not react at all to
> .freq( )? I realise many of these are only vaguely pitched but I would
> imagine switching from 50 to 2000 Hz to make a noticeable difference.
> .freq() does -when polled- claim it's set to the last value I set but I
> don't hear the difference. Could you or anyone else verify this?

In the Shaker's setupNum() function (uget_stk.cpp:12387), the
frequencies of each resonator are set depending on the instrument
type.  It looks like they are set to specific values depending on the
instrument.  This is probably because they are designed to emulate
very specific sounds.

You could probably get some interesting effects if you modified this
code to multiply all frequencies by a variable such as freq, so that
you'd have control over it at runtime.  But the answer is, I think in
generate .freq() is not used for Shakers.

Steve