[chuck-users] variables and memory

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:48:02 EDT 2009

Spencer wrote;

So, with regards to setting things to null to free their memory, ints,
> floats, etc. can't be set to null, but their memory does not normally need
> freeing.

I had another look into this and I'm cleaning up some of the tricks I pulled
hoping to save on memory leakage with this knowledge.

It does strike me that function calls leak rather a lot of memory, even for
functions in which nothing gets defined beyond their parameters (which are
primitives, in this case). Is there any way to avoid this? Maybe I should
leave it be and wait for the next version to see if the proper GC addresses
the issue?