[chuck-users] just play it...

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:12:21 EDT 2009

Rob;

> I love the idea, but you might be trolling for a lawsuit -- I gather that
> the THX folks are sensitive about protecting their copyright.

Actually; nothing is being copied so copyright doesn't apply. It is a
trademark though;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Note

It's kinda weird to me, Whenever I encounter anything written about
this sound it's always described as being "distinctive" and
"recognisable", sometimes even "famous" but I only ever heard it in
the context of computer music. I suppose it's still a good marketing
device; without that sound I would've never heard of THX.

Anyway, with different choices for the initial distribution and the
final chord it should be fine, I think.