[chuck-users] other ways to live-code with time

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:47:49 EDT 2009

Dan;

> i've come to view this as a feature, not a bug... ;--}

I certainly feel that PLOrk's "conductor" approach is a very
interesting idea that does expose a lot of the things we often assume
to be given for what they are.

Still; it doesn't need to be a either/or thing.

In case of emergency you can always add a random offset to timestamps
so the amount of jitter can be set to suit the mood. :¬p

Here's one I prepared earlier;

//returns a random duration in a given range
//works like Std.rand2(int, int) and Std.rand2f(float, float)
fun dur rand2dur( dur min, dur max)
   {
   return min + Std.rand2f(0,1)::(max - min);