[chuck-users] FLOSS (user editable) manual for ChucK

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 20:26:04 EST 2009

Adam;

There is a space reserved for us at flossmanuals.net/bin/chuck

Yay! much better.

> I am pulling the manual apart tonight so that it will be ready to hack
> through tomorrow. I plan to be online from 9-5 MST.

Great!

> For tomorrow please sign up for an account. We can start by using the
> mailing list to get coordinated with our user names and then
> transition to the chat function in Flossmanuals.

I signed up. It told me my user name is "KassenOud", also subscribed to the
mailing list for this project.

> This is going to be fun.

I think so.

> I think we should look at how easy it is to
> collaborate and maybe work towards improving the documentation in the
> UGEN section and compile a list of other issues and see how many of
> them we can solve quickly.

things I got questions about;

*MIDI out (the same as in, really, but it seems to confuse people).
*Static members of public classes as a way to share data and signals across
the whole VM
*me.yield() (this likely requires a discussion on the shreduler in some
depth, there is one in Ge's phd paper. I hope that stuff will be open for
re-use but right now it doesn't have a free/open licence).
*casting (should include a discussion on how to be safe about this).

Modest proposal;

*ending the manual with a note on how to report bugs. We have lots of those
yet I suspect too many people blame themselves for crashes (hint; if it
crashes the VM the VM is wrong).

Thanks for all the help!

Thanks for "taking point"