[chuck-users] odd hid issue (touchpad)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 01:03:01 EDT 2009

Dear list,

Last night I found a bit of a odd issue with a touchpad on a laptop running
Linux. I tried to open the mouse as a HID device and it correctly found the
one mouse attached, being the build in touchpad which it described as acting
through ps2 (I believe that's normal for touchpads). The odd thing is that
ChucK didn't get any data from it when moving my finger over it or clicking
the buttons.

I then pluged in a Logitech optical mouse which was -after a restart of the
vm for safety- identified as mouse 0 and which did operate correctly.

I'd be happy to run any and all tests that might help diagnose the bug if
it's deemed one. I should note that this was running a non-standard version
of the Mini, being one with the latest ChucK plugged in and Tom's CNoise fix
on top of that but I don't think either should affect this.