[chuck-users] Wii Controllers for ChucK

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 21:01:28 EDT 2009

I suspect this has been covered -- and I see hints on the ChucK forums
and archives -- but I want the latest word: can you use a Wii
controller as a controller for ChucK running under OS X?  I would
*love* to control ChucK without laying a hand on a keyboard (either
laptop keyboard or MIDI keyboard), and the Wii seems like a good bet.

On Amazon, the Wii Remote Controller is selling for $36:

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Remote-Controller-nintendo/dp/B000IMWK2G/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_b

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if someone told me if there was an easy
path between the Wii remote and ChucK HID messages.

Thanks.

- Rob