[chuck-users] dbtopow(), dbtorms(), powtodb(), powtorms() off by 100 db (Robert Poor)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun May 3 13:47:57 EDT 2009

Perry;

> Oh yea, that too :-)
>
> Thanx Adam.

The link to MIDI would be a nice thing to add to the docs as it will
make the reference more clear and immediately increase usability.

db is confusing enough as it is and frequently misused (I'm still in
the dark on why we would use "A-weighing" on decidedly high volumes as
various powers-that-be insist on), by definition it needs a reference.
The reference isn't at all clear when we are dealing with floats and
the threshold of hearing is determined by the volume of the final amp,
the lowest possible value of a double precision float doesn't seem
very useful here.

Thanks to Adam for clearing up one of the more confusing Std
functions; I wasn't sure about that one either.