[chuck-users] spacenavigator

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Sun May 24 09:06:04 EDT 2009

On 24 May 2009, at 02:26, Spencer Salazar wrote:

> ...In the long term, I think it would be better if ChucK had a way
> of dealing with any kind of generic HID.

There is a sample code, though buggy, that lists the devices, and
makes it easy to see what variables a HID device produces:
   http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/HID_Manager_Basics/
listing3.html

In order to get it compiling in Xcode, I had to do the following:
  * Create a Carbon project.
  * Add the unpacked sources (just drop the whole directory into the
project).
  * Add /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework (add from Project -
 > Add to Project)
  * Change a couple of comparisons of NULL to 0 (with mach_port_t
derived types, like io_iterator_t).
  * To test a joystick, in the file HID_Manager_Test.c, the line
following "Finding GamePads", change kHIDUsage_GD_GamePad into
kHIDUsage_GD_Joystick.

This way, when running it, with the Xcode Console visible, I could
(using <control>-T) get a printout of the joystick parameters. Try
changing this last line into kHIDUsage_GD_MultiAxisController, and see
if you get anything.

   Hans