[chuck-users] Urgent shot in the dark -- Audible clicks when spawning shreds when SndBuf reads from disk

Szilveszter Tóth silvestre.toth at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 09:47:38 EST 2009

Mike,

Just some thoughts.

When you kill the "last shred" that was playing, the audio signal drops
to 0 (or to the first sample of the next WAV file), which may cause clicks.
Also, reading an entire file (or part of it) between two samples may not
be feasible, which will not only cause a click, but the realtime timing
will also be lost (ChucK will wait for the entire file to be read in.)

I'd use an Envelope for the first problem and I'd try changing chunk
size for the second. (Or maybe pre-read the next file to be played, if
it can be determined beforehand.)

I hope I could help a little
Szilveszter (Hillaby)