[chuck-users] Filters blowing up: any news?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:44:19 EST 2010

Tom;
 I think

> +/- 1 would be too low for a lot of people.

On OS's with a integer-based audio structure that would be the absolute max
anyway. I think that on OSX you'd clip the dac when the master volume would
be set to unity gain and ChucK would go beyond +/-1 anyway.

Basically you'd just end up with two more multiplications, I think. It
doesn't really matter what we call the reference level anyway; it's just a
matter of perspective relative to the final soundsystem.