[chuck-users] Flush ChucK IO

Tom Aizenberg tom at tomaizenberg.nl
Tue May 11 14:32:56 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to make a visualization program for ChucK programs. For the
communication between ChucK and the C++ code I'm writing, I use a pipe. I'd
rather use a socket but I cannot see how this works in ChucK (?).

When I write to chout I need to flush the buffer, just to read in the output
using my own program. When I try to do this (i.e. my_IO_object.flush()) I
get the following message:

"(IO): internal error! inside an abstract function! help!

    note: please hunt down someone (e.g., Ge) to fix this..."

The command I use is: chuck-1.2.1.3-exe\bin\chuck.exe
chuckVis\chuckFiles\random1.ck, on Windows Vista 32-bits. Without the
.flush() the script works fine, but I need the flush functionality.

Has anybody got a clue how to fix this? Or maybe how to use ChucK to send
messages through a socket?

Greetings,

Tom Aizenberg