[chuck-users] Flush ChucK IO

mike clemow michaelclemow at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:11:17 EDT 2010

Hi Tom,

Colorful error message!

I'm afraid there's no socket communication in Chuck to my knowledge,
however, on Posix systems (and there my be an equivalent of this in Windows)
I've successfully used fifo pipes to communicate between a Chuck script and
another process.

Also, don't forget that you can send/receive OSC messages between processes
as well.  There my be a way to parse those in the process that runs your
visualization (especially if it's written in Java, C++, Python, or another
common language).  Often OSC is the best route, since it's implemented in so
many different environments.

Best,
Mike

http://michaelclemow.com