[chuck-users] Intraspection - an example of what I'm attempting

Rich Caloggero rjc at mit.edu
Tue Nov 9 19:18:49 EST 2010

Just my own opinion, but over the past three years I've totally fallen for javascript. I wish chuck were like javascript, with the addition of the strongly timed incredible chuck VM and timing model!

I've written programs in strongly typed and compiled languages like Fortran and C, as well as looser languages like scheme.  Javascript and scheme allow me to do almost anything with very little effort. Add a brilliantly designed library like jQuery, and one can almost think an idea into code with no effort at all.

Of course, I'm completely overstating the issue, but I think that draconian type checking and limited semantics are really not helpful when all you want to do is get complex ideas into code, focusing more on the idea / algorithm than on the code / implementation.

Just my three cents...
-- Rich

- extremely powerful and expressive.