[chuck-users] the itch...

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 12:05:19 EDT 2011

On 2 April 2011 16:51, Robert Poor <rdpoor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got an itch to test some synthesis[*] and control[**] algorithms
> I've got in mind[***].  What's the real-time audio streaming library
> on top of which ChucK is built, and where can I find its current
> repository?

If you mean the realtime streaming of data to the soundcard; RTAudio. It's
very cross-platform and popular for these things.

If that's not what you mean you'll need to re-phrase the question.

> Related, what are the most current libraries to write an array of
> binary data to a sound file for playback?

LibSndFile. It'll load soundfiles for you (as long as those are not mp3) and
it'll write them to disk.

Hope that helps,