[chuck-users] vim script for live chucking

Renato Fabbri renato.fabbri at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:35:22 EST 2011

Em 1 de dezembro de 2011 16:30, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> escreveu:
> I like how you make a glorious mess instead of the stark minimalism of
> the other livecoding I've seen. I'm not sure how this would scale, but
> the difference is exciting.

Thanks! I like that also. The idea is to use the desktop to play and make it
more appealing. That bouncing white ball is 'processing'. The cow is 'cowsay'.

Some years ago i did what i now call LDP (Linux Desktop Playing) with jack-rack,
ardour, audacity, PD, chuck, python and even audacious. That was a
really big mess,
specially with ABT:
http://trac.assembla.com/audioexperiments/browser/ABeatDetector

Maybe what we are doing is live coding with heritances from LDP.

Anyway, these are the 5 small videos at Vimeo, so anyone can take a look:

- live coding presentation, part 1 a
basic principles of the live coding presentation we did on 20/11/2011
for about 3,5 thousand people on Festival CONTATO, São Carlos, Brazil.
http://vimeo.com/33012735

- live coding presentation part1 b: REM and cows
about Rapid Eyes Movement (REM) and use of cows in the live coding
presentation we did on 20/11/2011 for about 3,5 thousand people on
Festival CONTATO, São Carlos, Brazil.
http://vimeo.com/33018740

- live coding presentation part2 improvisation
improvisation part of the live coding presentation we did on
20/11/2011  for about 3,5 thousand people on Festival CONTATO, São
Carlos, Brazil.
http://vimeo.com/33019291

- presentation part3 soundscapes
The part where we used soundscapes in the live coding presentation we
did on 20/11/2011 for about 3,5 thousand people on Festival CONTATO,
São  Carlos, Brazil.
http://vimeo.com/33025717

- presentation part4 improvisation2 ending
endind of the live coding presentation we did on 20/11/2011 for about
3,5 thousand people on Festival CONTATO, São Carlos, Brazil.
http://vimeo.com/33025913

cheers,
rfabbri

--